No one can deny that Instagram and TikTok are fierce competitors. Both social media platforms provide similar services and are trying to attract as many users as possible. However, this should not stop you from creating accounts on both platforms. In fact, you can use this competition to your advantage.
Over the past few years, TikTok has taken the social media world by storm. In no time, it has become the number one social media platform. It was (and still is) a hub for viral content and the place where many influencers have started their career.
Today, TikTok has nearly one billion users. You can make use of all this to attract new audiences to your Instagram account. The first step is to connect your Instagram profile to your TikTok account. Here is how:
Linking Instagram to TikTok
If you have accounts on both applications, you can link them. This will make sharing content across these platforms go a lot easier. You can share your TikTok videos directly to your Instagram profile with just a click of a button. There’s no need to save the video and re-upload it to Instagram. This can save you a lot of time and effort, especially if you create a lot of videos.
Reels are the newest feature on Instagram. That’s why they’re currently favored by the algorithm. Instagram offers various options and styles for creating these short videos. However, TikTok is still considered the king of this field. To get the best of both worlds, you should add your Instagram to TikTok.
It takes a few simple steps to link your Instagram account to your TikTok profile:
- Open the TikTok application.
- Tap on the profile icon, it’s in the bottom right corner.
- Click on “Edit Profile”.
- Find the section titled “Instagram”. It’s underneath the biography.
- Tap on “Add Instagram to Your Profile”.
- A window will pop up asking you to login into your Instagram account.
- Enter your username and password and log in.
- Select “Allow”. This will give Instagram access to your TikTok account.
- Now, you’ll be directed to your TikTok profile. You should see the Instagram icon next to the “Edit Profile” button. When your followers click on the Instagram icon, they should be directed to your profile there.
Can I link my TikTok account to Instagram?
Unfortunately, this does not work the other way around. You cannot add the TikTok icon to your Instagram profile. However, you can add a link to your TikTok account in your Instagram biography. This will not enable you to share your Instagram reels directly on TikTok. You’ll need to save these short videos to your phone first. Then, you can re-upload them to your TikTok profile.
Adding the link of your TikTok account to your Instagram is not completely useless. On the contrary, it can direct your followers to check your other social media accounts. You can use both platforms as a part of your marketing strategy.
Here is how you can share the link to your TikTok profile on your Instagram bio:
- Open the Instagram application.
- Go to your profile and tap on “Edit Profile”.
- In the “Website” section, add the link to your TikTok profile. This feature is available for Instagram business accounts only.
How to post videos from TikTok to Instagram?
Now that you have linked your TikTok and Instagram accounts, it’s time to make use of it. You can start sharing some or all of your TikTok videos on Instagram. This will give your videos more exposure. It will also attract new audiences that have not been following you yet. This way, you’ll start gaining more followers on both platforms.
Here is how to share a TikTok video directly on Instagram:
- Open your TikTok account and visit your profile page.
- Click on the video you want to share on Instagram.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots in the lower-right corner.
- Choose the Instagram icon.
- If you use an Android device, you’ll need to select one of these three options: Share to Instagram: Chats, Feed, or Stories.
- Make any edits you want, then tap the “Next” checkmark in the upper-right corner.
- You can also write the captions and hashtags you like.
- To post the video to Instagram, tap the “Next” checkmark in the upper right corner.
You can also go the classic way and save the video first to your camera roll. Then, upload it to your Instagram profile manually.
Why should I connect my Instagram and TikTok accounts?
Today, videos are favored by almost all social media platforms. That’s why it’s recommended to post more videos to increase your reach. However, even short videos take a lot of time to produce. A lot goes on behind the scenes. That’s why you should give your video all the exposure it can get. You can post it on your various social media accounts to reach various groups of audiences.
Reaching your followers through different social media platforms is not a bad idea at all. On the contrary, this process usually gives your content more exposure. You’ll also gain more followers on both platforms. This will contribute to building better awareness of your brand or content. To keep your followers interested, try to add little changes to the content you post on each platform.
Sharing your content over various platforms is also the “safer” option. Ever since its launch, TikTok has been in some hot water.it’s accused of violating users’ privacy and collecting data from their devices. That’s why TikTok has previously faced banns in several countries, including the US.
On the other hand, Instagram and Facebook have recently been down for several hours. This outage caused a surge in TikTok usage. With nothing else working, everybody headed over to TikTok and Twitter. Being present on all these platforms will ensure your followers will be able to reach you no matter what.
How to master cross-posting across various social media platforms?
Posting your content across various social media platforms can be a great tool to reach a more diversified audience. It creates more touchpoints with your target customers. However, you need to do it smartly. Otherwise, your followers could get bored of watching the same content over and over across various platforms.
To master cross-posting like a pro, you should not post the exact same video or post on all your social media accounts. Instead, you can change the content or other small details a bit. This will make the content more interesting and customized for the audience of each platform.
For example, TikTok usually targets a younger audience than Instagram. So, your message there should use their language and follow their trends and interests.
All this does not mean you should create completely different content on each platform. On the contrary, your Instagram and TikTok marketing strategies should work in sync. You should use the same hashtags and marketing campaigns to tie the content across various platforms together.
How to respect the algorithm of Instagram?
Connecting your Instagram to TikTok has many advantages. However, you should always respect Instagram algorithms in order not to get penalized. Lots of users neglect this point. So, they may wonder why won’t TikTok let them link their Instagram as easily as it’s supposed to be. Here are a few points to help you post from TikTok, without angering the Instagram algorithm:
- Make sure to remove the watermark of TikTok from any video you post on Instagram.
- If you’re not using your original sound on the video on TikTok, then remove the audio before posting on Instagram. Add music from the Instagram audio library instead.
- Always post videos on Instagram in high quality. The AI can detect video quality and will automatically lower the reach of low-quality videos.
You do not have to choose between successful social media platforms. On the contrary, try to use them all smartly to your advantage. Linking your accounts together is a great solution. It will save you a lot of time and effort in posting videos across your various social media accounts. You’ll also attract a whole new audience to your content.
When it comes to social media, it’s an extremely competitive environment. To keep your audience engaged and entertained, do not ever repeat yourself. Even if your accounts are linked, you should never post the exact same content on various platforms. Use the same material but try to be smart about it.
Social media platforms are the place to express yourself online. Create unique, engaging content that sets you apart from the rest!